Wednesday 9 June 2010

Planning my LDP

This coming weekend, I am going to begin researching a long distance path I am trying to devise in the Peak District. I have already worked some ideas from the maps of the area and planned the outline of the route, but now need to get down to the business of walking it "on the ground" to see whether it is as good in reality as it looks on the map, and filling in all the vital detail.

I've got 3 days in which to test out what would be the first three legs of the route. Hopefully, with decent weather, no problem paths and reliable public transport, it should prove to be good fun! As I am already familiar with many of the paths I shall be using I am hoping for a relaxing long weekend as well.

It feels exciting to be making a start at long last!

No comments:

Post a Comment