Sunday 5 November 2017

Trail Lynx - A New Era Begins

After several years of posting to Ambles & Rambles, during which time I’ve logged dozens of trips, hundreds of walks, a handful of gear reviews and a sprinkling of other walking-related issues, I’ve decided the time has come to make a few changes.

Hiking in Poland

To be honest, since the design and format has barely changed since I started the blog back in 2010, it’s probably time for a refresh, so I’m planning to give it a bit of a makeover when I get the time.

So, first of all I’d like to say a big “thank you” to everyone who has read, commented or otherwise contributed to the blog so far – although I do it primarily as a record for myself, it’s always nice to get comments, especially if in some small way the posts have been of help or encouragement to others.

Kom Vasojevicki, Montenegro

But the big news for me is the launch of Trail Lynx a new site aimed at promoting travel and hiking in the Balkans and Eastern Europe. From now on, all trip reports, travel tips and news items relating to the region will appear there, with the aim that it will information and inspiration and eventually build into a useful resource for those interested in exploring this wonderful part of the world. 

Southern Bucovina, Romania

To get the ball rolling, the report for our recent long weekend in Poland has been published there, and I hope that you’ll take the opportunity to visit the new site and maybe choose to follow it.


Any thoughts or feedback would be most welcome, and I look forward to meeting up with some of you over there.


In the meantime, Ambles & Rambles will continue to be the home for news and reports from the UK, other parts of Europe and elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment